Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

I Can't Live Up To My Title

OOoh, I've just noticed I'm a "F Gardener" status, is this because I've just gone over the 2,000 posts mark??????

Trouble is, I've left the "Runner Beans" in their tissue paper and cups, all in the dark, at preschool for the Easter holidays. Will they survive? xD:(

My garden is actually landscaped in concrete and shingle and just a few tubs of Mint and Rosemary. Ooh nearly forget I have quit a few hardy daffodils that spring up every year telling me the sunshine will be coming very soon. :o:D I do have a large trampoline ( or most expensive sunbed as hubby calls it) which I intend have all my staff jumping on ( one at a time) to support all our children who just completed a preschool sponsored trampoline jump.

I am currently fundraising to develop the preschool outdoor play space, trying to raise £2,000. :(

My new title will spur me on to achieve this goal. :D

Peggy

Congratulations Peggy! :D

I've got a long way to go to reach your status :o .

We raised £10,000 at pre-school last year to have our outside area revamped. We now have artificial safety impact grass and a new ramp access to pre-school suitable for wheelchairs. We can now use our garden all year round with no mud :D:D:D .

We received £5000 from the Kent community foundation local network fund. They will give up to £7000 towards a project which will benefit young people. I filled out the forms, detailing the benefits to children in our community, not really expecting to receive anything. They sent out their local rep and to our astonishment we received a cheque for £5000. Our local chamber of commerce also supported us. Our local PLA advisor gave us the phone number of the local network fund. Apparently they have a set budget per year for projects so it depends on how many people apply as to your chances of receiving money.

Its worth a try!

How fantastic for you. :D:D

I am a private business so grants are a bit more difficult to come by. I shall try your suggestion though. I rent from the Scouts but they have shown no interest in supporting my venture :oxD .

Last year myself and a group of parents spent the whole Easter break trying to clear the waste ground, but then I had no money to fence or landscape the area. It has now grown back to it's original state :( (very high, thick Brambles). I have had quotes of around £2000 just to clear and fence the area and fundraising through parents is slow, but steady. Our Easter Faye has raised £150 and more to come in from the sponsored trampoline jump (see other post).

I shall keep plodding on though.

Peggy

Dont know if it would work for any of you, but in our area we used the local probation service to clear our waist high nettles, rubble weeds etc for our garden...cannot remember though how we found out about them...but they spent 3 weekends clearing the area, as community service hours. (They also redecorated the hall for us)

we too are on the 2000.00 fundraise to resurface our area with a rubberised surface, fed up with the mud supposed to be grass and not being able to go out all year- sponsored walk along the seafront for families friends etc....(the people laying the surface have sponsored us too!!)

We have had lots done slowly on the garden, found a builder to build a raised flower bed we supplied the bricks, he did the rest, now the surface, then we need some old tyres for further flower beds ...another job for someone. staff are very good at begging for us!!

inge

Congratulations Peggy! Being much of a novice to all of this I wondered where everyones titles came from, and their lovely avatars.

'Bout the clearance, I was in Asda the other day and heard them announce about helping support local schools and settings . I think they must do an annual thing because I'm sure they helped our school with redecorate the library last year- we supplied the paint they gave man-power. Worth a try - www.ASDA.com

Anita