Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Useful Books

Hi as I'm new I was just wondering if you could give me some advice on any books that are really worth getting. I've just been looking on amazon and the further you dive into it hte more good books pop up! I especially liked the look of the 'The little book of...' series. But what are the books that you use most. Also I'm working in a special needs schools so would need activities suitable for these children so would be disappointed with a boook for of ideas for mainstream.

any help gratefully received!

thanks

jo

i love the little books so far i have brought the outside play one, the wtriting one, maths activites one, messy play one and time and place one these are good and i used the ideas all the time. i bought the phonics one but didnt find it very useful gives you words , action words etc for each sound but not that many useful ideas like the others.

That is true but I think it may be useful to look through when I dont even know the question I want to ask!!!

Do you think they would be suitable for a bunch of lively children with autism? if so I think I'll order them. Just a shame I'll have to use my money to pay for them (not in charge of budget yet!!) seems to be common though that teachers end up spending a lot of their pay on stuff for school. do other people find that??

thanks

jo

oh i forgot i got the sand and water one and investigations one. they all came highly recommended by my councils early years advisor.

Has anyone seen the Computer/ICT one? I think it may be quite new. If so what do you think?

Choose one or two, Jo and go from there!

I'm afraid buying your own resources tends to be part of the job but do budget carefully! ( and name them!!)

Try this link to the Forums book recommendations list

HERE

I have bought quite a few books which include activity ideas but if I'm really honest I rarely use them. ideas from the forum always seem more relevant ( with regard to context) and I feel more able to adapt these ideas to my own children, setting and resources. :D

Peggy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)