Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sponsored Trampoline Jump

Hi,

Over the last few weeks we have been doing a sponsored Mini trampoline jump at preschool.

The children were asked to jump for as many times as they possibly could. I counted out loud to help motivate the increased number of jumps.

How many Jumps do you think a 4 yr old could do?

I will give my answer at the end of the week :D:o:D

I'm curious to see how many you think it might be.

Peggy

Is there a time limit Peggy or do they just jump until they collapse xD Will try it with my class next week (wear out the boistrous ones :D )

Ooops nearly forgot to guess...........erm :( More than me! :o

Edited by Marion

Ooh! Peggy now you have got me thinking!!

Am I allowed to ask what sort of trampoline was used :o I mean was it one of the little square type with a handle they hold whilst jumping or was it 'free jumping' if that makes sense!??

<makes mental note to make sure children have access to trampoline tomorrow> xD

It was the small trampoline with handle ( although some confident children didn't always hold on :o )

Marion, they had no time limit, they jumped until they decided to get off / or could jump no more, and yes it does wear out the boisterous ones. It has also motivated children to spontaneously count out loud in all sorts of other activities in the preschool. :D

Peggy

Hi

I think it's quite alot about 450.

We did something similar, we had a sponsored bike ride and one two and a half year old completed 102 laps, his mum said he slept well that night!!

At a guess I would reckon they could probably do about 60 a minute, and could probably keep going for 4-5 minutes - oh who knows I would say about 250-300

Nikki

666!

52503[/snapback]

I'd like to say our champions name was Damion, xD but it wasn't, it was Henry. :o

Peggy

I'm off away for the weekend so will relieve you from your suspense :o

Henry our champion jumper jumped for a total of 25 minutes....

He became a bit wobbly after 1400 jumps and I asked if he was tired yet, his reply was " I could do this forever" xD

When he got to 2000 jumps, I must confess, I was concerned about whether it was actually safe to let him continue ( shaken head syndrome :( ) He seemed to go into mini trances, so I kept counting out loud and talking to him, bringing his focus back to me.

He reached 2,841 jumps then just stood off the trampoline. I do believe he could have done more but his interest was gone and he just decided he wanted to do something else.

I took his hand and walked him to the snack bar for a drink, asking him how he felt, he said " My legs are a bit jumpy"

What a hero, we all didn't expect this many jumps when we came up with the idea. Mum was really proud and very glad he wasn't sponsored per jump. :( just an overall amount for taking part.

The next highest number of jumps was a girl who completed 799- I spent most nights during this week counting jumps as I tried to go to sleep :(

Peggy

p.s. having trouble getting photo's from laptop onto main computer, will post some pics when I get it sorted.

That's fantastic Peggy - Im sure they all had a ball. You have inspired us to try something similar in our setting.

Lola

Must say Im very very impressed by Henry. I took a group of junior children to an activities centre for a residential visit and one of the activities was something called aeroball (netball on a trampoline sort of) and after 3 minutes bouncing I had lost control on my legs once back on solid ground.

All I can say is WOW!!! :D:D:D:D:D

What a fantastic achievement. Such perseverance, determination and fitness! Henry sounds like an independent and confident boy.

I would have guessed at least half that amount of jumps.

Wow :D

And wow to Peggy for counting all those jumps and those of other children.

Sorry scanned post too quickly. I thought he did about 1000 jumps and I would have guessed a four year old would do about 500 before feeling tired enough to go to another activity or get a drink.

So I agree with Beau that 2,841 jumps does seem like a superhuman effort.

Well done to him and everyone involved. What a great idea.

Hey Peggy.......... don't suppose Henry was sponsored per jump by any chance????????!!!!!!!

It would be great to know how much you raise - our pre-school suffer from such apathy at sponsored events I don't know if I dare suggest this!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)