Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Information For Parents And Carers Using Childcare

Deb

do settings have to physically give every parent a copy to keep or could we print several copies of the report and leave them on the welcome desk for parents to help themselves I know only a few of our parents would actually take a copy to read. I think I would only need about 5 copies on the desk 3 copies would still be there 12 months later! OFSTED dont need to know how many copies where on the desk to start with.....?

I believe that every child's parents/main carers have to have a copy. A local day nursery recently had their inspection and they were told it was not enough to have copies available.

This might be the ideal time to have email addresses and you could send them a copy that way-it would save on printing costs.

Linda

My understanding is that we should give the parents a copy of the summary, not the full thing. Has this changed with the new style inspections?

yes it has changed from before....

you have to give all parents with children registered at the setting at the time of the report a full copy free.....it should be only 4/5 pages long .......this does not mean that every parent after that has to have one though!!!

If anyone who is not registered with the setting asks for a copy you may charge a resonable amount for copying it!!

it is not enough to direct them to a web address....so our Childrens Services Team informed us, or just leave a few copies out.

Email them is ok, BUT you have to do it within a set time of recieving the report (we were told 5 days by CSTeam ) and this is usually before it is published on the Ofsted website , so this could cause practical issues on reproducing it!!! Scan and send? type it?

(this was raised at the time on the forum somewhere I can remember writing this in before)

Inge

I am in a school so it may be different but we were inspected 17th January and only had to give the parents the summery report which still runs to 4 sides as opposed to the full report which is for the school and governors. :o All parents were handed a copy by each class teacher!

Edited by Marion

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)