Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Reggio Emilia

Is anyone else from the community going on the study week in Reggio Emilia next week? 3 teachers from our authority are going and I'm one of those chosen!!! I'm really excited about seeing practice I've heard about but am a bit anxious too! A friendly comment would be good.

Any questions about 'the Reggio experience' members would like answers to?

I've not been but I do know one of our primary teachers came back and was full of inspiration and enjoyed every minute - I am sure you will have a great time - please share with us when you get back

Have a great time

Oh I am so jealous as I would love to have the opportunity to go to Reggio. The nearest I've got is the exhibition and a one day course at Didsbury with Kathy Nutbrown.

Perhaps when you get back you could write an article for us all about your experience there.

Lucky you and have a wonderful time.

Thats a fantastic opportunity. There was a programme on Teachers TV a couple of weeks ago that told the story of how it all came about. It used two teachers from the west Midlands, and showed how they have brought it into their classrooms and schools. I'm not sure we can implement it fully here, it's whole philosophy is based around the community supporting the child, and in my experience a good proportion of parents just want a few hours child free. :o Have a great time :D

Hi Jan

After spending most of my life going backwards and forwards to Italy and living there for 10 years you will love it. The Italian people are very friendly and will love to show you around. they are the sweetest people you could wish to meet.

Have a lovely time, and if you have any contact numbers that we could share with them as a Forum for good practice I am quiet willing to translate anything.

Have a wonderfull time, I wish i had time to go. its something on my to do agenda Haha