Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Easter!

Has anyone located any nice websites or activities for next week - Easter? am trawling the net to no avail currently!!

Thank you!

Sara

If you go on to billybear4kids.com there are some online colouring, puzzles & activities. Depends a little on the age of your children.

Also underfives.co.uk has an Easter link.

I'm not sure that this activity fits in with healthy eating policies now but:

Take in some Easter eggs in boxes- the type that have coloured sweets inside like smarties. Work with a group at a time ( I usually split them into 3 and it takes the morning)and start by looking at the box- find the writing, look at pictures, find how many colours, what shape is the box etc. open the box- undo and talk about the net shape. Discuss what it is made of. As you go through each item which makes up the egg get as much info as you can out of it- feel, smell, colours, make up, words like transparent, shiney, crinkly, for the wrappings. Then look at the egg, taste, discuss why it melts on hands in the mouth. If there is a small packet with sweets in look at the colours, sort, how many of each, which has the most, least etc. Where is cocoa from? I record this for each group on very large egg shaped pastel pieces of paper. When finished I put them on the wall with the bits of boxes- of course we eat the contents- keeps them on task with anticipation. Makes a lovely display with Easter pictures, egg and flower display- easy! Great fun for all. Hmm healthy eating - well sometimes they can have treats surely?

Beau,

Goldilocks' idea at the end of that thread is the easiest one I've come across. Very useful for all sorts of celebrations because it's basically a simplified version of the Scandinavian threaed hearts basket. It looks really effective if you use 2 different colours for each circle.

I can't draw it, but the folds of the circles form the edges of the basket. You overlap the curved edges of the circles and glue them together, front & back. It forms a heart shape. The handle goes in the joint of the 2 half circles.

I hope someone comes along who can draw it! If not I'll see if I can scan it from a book I have at home.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)