Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

EYLF Assessment Count Screens

There are three different Assessment Count screens available on Tapestry - Individual, Group and Staff. The first two will show you how many EYLF assessments a child has either as an individual or as part of a group. The Staff screen will show you how many EYLF assessments staff have made. I will cover all three screen types in this tutorial. 

To get started you will need to go to the 'Tracking' tab you see at the top of the screen (1). Then make sure you are on the 'EYLF' section (2) and once you are, you'll just need to select either the 'Individual View', 'Group View' or 'Staff View' button in the 'EYLF Assessment Counts' box (3). 

I'm going to start by looking at the Individual View. To skip to the section on the group view click here.

2019-04-23_16-04-51.png

Individual View

Now that you're on the Individual View Assessment Count screen, you are given some comparison options (1). These are:

• No Comparison = you will just see how many assessments an individual child has for each sub-outcome
  • Compare Outcomes = this allows you to select up to 4 children to compare how many times they have been assessed within each sub-outcome
  • Compare Periods of Time = this will allow you to select up to 4 periods of time to compare for an individual child. A period of time can be a specific assessment period, a full history or a custom period set by yourself

For now, I'll leave it with no comparison but I'll show you later in the tutorial what the other options do.

Next you can select the child (2), period of time (3) and outcome/s (4) you want to view. You also have the option of whether you want assessments from unapproved observations to contribute towards the assessment count (5). 

2019-04-23_16-06-37.png

Below you can see what the chart would look like if you chose the 'no comparison' option and selected to see all the outcomes. 

On the left-hand side, the Y axis, you can see all the sub-outcomes listed (1). They are numbered to show what outcome the belong to, so any that start '1.' will be the sub-outcomes for the first outcome. 

Along the bottom of the chart, the X axis, you can see numbers indicating how many assessments this child has (2). 

In the bar chart you can see a bar for each sub-outcome showing you how many times each sub-outcome has been assessed (3). If you hover you mouse over one of the bars, you can see exactly how many assessments that child has for that sub-outcome (4). 

2019-04-24_10-11-57.png

If I now go and select the 'compare outcomes' option (1), you will see that I now have the option to choose up to 4 children to compare (2).

If you do want to compare the assessment counts for 4 children, you might find it useful to narrow down the chart by a specific outcome, as this will allow you to see the results more clearly (3). 

After selecting the additional children, you will see a key above the chart which will show you which colour in the chart represents each child (4). In the chart itself you will then be able to see and compare the assessment counts for the children you have selected (5). 

If you were to choose the 'compare periods of time' option instead of 'compare outcomes' you would just need to select 4 periods of time to compare for an individual child. 

2019-04-23_16-57-21.png

So, that's the Individual Assessment Count screen, now let's move on to the Group View.

Group View

If you are already on the Individual View, you can access this by clicking on the 'Group' tab at the top of the page. Otherwise, you can access it from the Tracking tab as I showed you for the Individual View. 

2019-04-24_09-29-36.png

Again here you will see you have the option to select a comparison or not. In this case the options are to view one group of children, compare groups of children or compare periods of time for one group of children (1). For this tutorial I'm going to compare groups of children, but if you only wanted to view one group or you wanted periods of time, you would just need to select the appropriate option.

The 'Click to add children' button will allow you to select a group of children (2). 

2019-04-24_10-02-22.png

When you select the 'Click to add children' button, you will then get a pop up where you can select a group of children (1).

Here you also have the option to select multiple groups from the different options. If you do this, then the children in these groups will appear on this screen as one group. What you might want to do if you do select multiple groups to appear as one, is give this group a name, which you can do from the top field (2). Please note this group won't become one of your permanent manual groups on Tapestry, if you do want to add a permanent group, this tutorial will talk you through how to do this. 

Once you have selected the group/s you want to view, you just need to click 'Submit' (3). 

2019-04-24_09-40-56.png

After adding your group/s of children, you will need to choose a period of time to see the assessment count for (1). If you are comparing multiple groups of children, you might want to narrow this down by choosing a specific outcomes from the 'Outcome' drop-down (2) as this will help you see the chart better. Finally, you can decide whether you want assessments from unapproved observations to contribute (3). 

2019-04-24_10-05-45.png

Just above the chart you can see a key showing you which group each colour represents (1), then in the chart itself along the left-hand side, you can see all of the sub-outcomes you have selected to view and in the chart each bar will show you how many assessments each group has for each sub-outcome (3). 

2019-04-24_10-09-51.png

Finally, let's take a look at the Staff Assessment Count screen.

Staff Assessment Count screen

To access this screen I'm just going to click on the 'Staff' tab at the top of the page but remember you can also access this from the Tracking tab in the EYLF section.

2019-05-15_11-46-32.png

Here, just like the other screens, you can choose whether you want to use this screen for comparative purposes (1). In this case you can choose whether you want to compare members of staff or a member of staff over periods of time. I've selected the latter option, to compare a member of staff over periods of time (2). 

Underneath this, if you only want to see how many assessments staff have made for specific children, you can use the filters to narrow this down (3). Then you will need to select which member of staff you want to see this for (4). 

As I've selected to compare multiple periods I can now choose up to 4 periods to compare (5). If you chose to compare staff members, here you would need to select them instead of periods. 

Just as with the other screens, you can narrow down the results you see by outcome (6) and you can also choose whether you want unapproved observations to be included in the assessment count (7). 

2019-04-24_10-41-11.png

After going through all of these options and making your choices, below you will then see a chart to show you the assessment count for the staff/staff members you have selected to view. At the top you can see a key, which in this case shows which period each colour represents (1).

Then in the chart along the left-hand side you can see the sub-outcomes (2) and in the chart itself you can see how many assessments this member of staff has made for each sub-outcome (3). 

2019-04-24_10-50-39.png

So, those are the EYLF Assessment Count screens on Tapestry, I hope you found this tutorial helpful!

Go back to Main Tutorials Page