Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Do managers need to do DSL training?

Hi!

Please can I ask for some advice regarding DSL training? I am the manager of the setting but my deputy manager and one of my room leaders are DSL lead and deputy DSL. 

When they were last on training, they were told that their manager had to attend the modules 1 and 2 training aswell. I totally see the logic in this as I understand that my safeguarding knowledge needs to be sound but not once have I ever known or been told this by anybody (otherwise I would be DSL myself). 

When I questioned this, I was told that even though it wasn't a necessity, I should do it for good practice (I have done modules 1 and 2 but a long time ago). Anyway, I booked myself onto the training and went today to only not be able to park anywhere (nightmare!!!!)- but I am now wondering if it's worth re-booking at all?

Sorry, I know this is a bit of a waffle! Any advice or suggestions would be much appreciated :)

Hi FNDN,

I'm not DSL at my setting but we have 5 who are fully trained so that we can be sure to have a DSL available at all times of the day (we are 07.30-18.30). I tend to go on the additional courses e.g managing allegations against staff so that I can be a useful 'sounding board' when required.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)