Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Progress Measure

MrsGarlick

Hi. We are still quite new to Tapestry and we are struggling with tracking the progress. I have found a page in the control panel where you can enter your own 'satisfactory' and 'good' progress but wondered how other people do it. Hope that makes sense.

Also if we assess each observation does that affect the summative assessment?

Hi MrsGarlick,

Welcome to the forum and to Tapestry!!

There are various ways you can track progress in Tapestry; which screens you use will depend on the type of data you are after. Some settings take a look at all of them, some others use a couple of them in combination, it is entirely up to you and what works best for your purposes. 

We have written a tutorial with all the screens you can use to track progress, although my personal favourites are the age band tracker and the comparison screens. The individual comparison screen allows you to see progress for individual children in terms of age bands and refinements throughout a maximum of four assessment periods including the baseline, and the group comparison screen is fantastic for cohort tracking! The points of progress screen is also very handy :)

I am leaving here the two tutorials on progress, one for individual children and one for groups, so you can take a look at the different screens and what they do, so you can give them a go on your own account and see which ones work best for you. If you have any doubts about any of them, do not hesitate to contact us on customer.service@eyfs.info.

1. EYFS - How to see how much progress an individual child is making
  2. EYFS - How to see how much progress a group is making

Best wishes,

Olaya

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Saplingscic,

Thank you for getting in touch with us!

I am afraid I haven't understood your query entirely. All of the tracking screens in Tapestry feed from the Summative Assessment screen. This means that any data showing up in any of the analysis screens (and the reports section) is calculated based on the scores in each assessment period's summative value for each aspect and child. 

Could you please point us to the screen you are looking at? Is it the points of progress screen? We will be able to explain the screen and advise you further much better once we know what exactly are you looking at :) 

Best wishes,

Olaya