Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Fishing Rods

Hi all, can anyone suggest where I could buy fishing rods from because I want to use them for freeplay e.g. catching fish with phonemes at the back etc. Any ideas really appreciated.

Thanks

Flower

x

You can get some really nice short handled ones which are actually for pond dipping. I found them in an educational catalogue i think it was YPO under the science section. They have got plastic short handles and are really robust and i don't think they were expensive!

Why not make your own- Get some bamboo cans cut to length, attach sting at desired length and attach a small magnet on the end.... tou do need some strong tape as well- but wordks wonders.

L

You could just run a length of string through a sturdy staw and tie a ring magnet on the end... The other end could be secured by tying on a large bead.

Amazing,

I was about to say that our Asda have some magnetic fishing rods for 2.95 which include 4 magnetic animals to catch. dont know if they are any use for what you want but the children really enjoyed them in the water today.......

staff complained bitterly about the noise xD (they have a ratchet wind up mechanism which makes a noise which echos around the hall!!) :o

Inge

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)