Jump to content
About Us

Buzy Bees Vouchers


Recommended Posts


I was told by a friend who has her child at a private day nursery, that all childcare providers must be registered to accept nursery vouchers.


Anyone heard anything about this.


Net x :oxD:(:(:(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would like to know the answer of this and how/who you need to speak to regarding this - presumably the child care voucher company issuing the vouchers. Having just started an assignment I am desperately hoping someone will have the iinformation to hand and they can post up rather than me starting from scratch


Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't know if all providers have to register, even the Education Grant is not compulsory, so I don't see why voucher acceptance should be.


I do beliee there are a few companies who administer these vouchers, so how does that fit with compulsion to accept them?


I have one parent who works for our LA, (social services) and she uses busy bees. I have found that the process is quite simple. Parent gives me a voucher, I phone company, they put money in my account ( although they did miss a payment once which I didn't see on my bank account until 2 months later- they rectified it immediately though).

The benefit to parent and employer is the reduction of Tax and National Insurance contributions from the wages as childcare costs are taken off before deductions are made. I think there is a limit of £50 per week, but don't quote me on that. So basically £200 per month N.I. and tax free earnings. :D


Try their websites for info www.busybees.com or

www.kindercare-group.co.uk ( both part of the busy bees group lmt))


or tel: 0871 733 7500

Link to comment
Share on other sites



Peggy has summed most of it up...


Parents whose companies operate the childcare voucher scheme as an employer benefit enter into a salary sacrifice so that up to £50 or £217 per month per parent can go toward childcare costs, with a 'recognised' i.e. registered, provider.


The benefit to the parent is that they save on tax and NI contributions as their gross pay is reduced. The only thing to consider from the parent's point of view is that any pension contributions will also be affected as they are calculated and paid on gross income amount.


The benefit to the provider is that bascially you get a guaranteed 'unbouncable' payment in the form of a voucher, with minimal administration to worry about (so I've been told!)


There are lots of companies that do this - Busy Bees and Accor Services are just two of them. More and more employers are offering them as an incentive, especially as more mums are returning to work after having children. I think I have a case study, which I'll try and did out to show how it works...


RB x

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The childcare voucher scheme is very easy to use. We are currently registered with 3 schemes.


Not only do we accept vouchers from parents but also pay vouchers to our employees as part of their wages.


So i am told, the reason why the childcare provider needs to be registered is so that the vouchers cannot be used in payment to a family member, neighbour or friend who may be looking after the child. Obviously this could be open to corruption and the Inland Revenue would lose money.


Each scheme produces a pack which gives all the necessary info and they all have websites. Just Google 'Busy Bees' or 'Care-4' or 'Sodexho Pass'

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks Jackie A for the b'day wishes.

B'day consisted of nursing flu ridden hubbie, usual work crisis and dealing with a stroppy teenager and cheeky 7yrs old. Apart from that had a fab day.

Thank you for all your info on the vouchers. I didn't realise all you had to do was register. I will look into a few more companies.


Net x


Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)