Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Any Ideas...?

Hello all

I'm doing some planning for our staff meeting tomorrow evening (last minute as usual!)

It seems a good time to think about how we work together and to have a positive view of the next academic year.  We are open all year, but some staff work term time only so we have a mix of people who are feeling a bit tired and jaded, some who have come back raring to go, and some who might have felt a bit anxious about returning after the long break.

I would like to use our Staff Charter (attached) to inspire and generate discussion but I'm stuck for ideas on how to go about this.  I've been trying to think of a way to make it into a bit of a game/bonding/team building.

Does anyone have any bright ideas?

Staff Charter anon.docx

An inclusive staff charter- thanks for sharing.

The last point, 'Be Outstanding' is particularly the one that jumps out to me- could you get the staff to brainstorm in pairs/small groups what they think an outstanding practitioner looks like, before you share the staff charter? 

The parents as partners is also an area of great debate- definitely worth regularly revisiting this one- How are you involving parents in their child's learning? What else can you do? Role of key person? 

The one about inspiring environments is always a popular discussion. Ask practitioners to come with them a few ideas from pinterest/ google images/ books etc of learning environments that they like. You could narrow this search to a particular area of learning to suit your nursery's priorities e.g. maths. Then provide opportunity for the practitioner to talk about why they like this idea and how they think it would improve outcomes for all/ a group/ an individual child.

I hope you all have a reflective and inspiring session :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)