Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Percentage of children who met ELG

Hi,

I hope somebody can help me. I am head of Early Years at a British school in Spain.  I have a percentage of how many of our children met the ELGS, they are all EAL children. However as we are an independent school in Spain I don't have any comparable reuslts in order to see how we are doing. Are there any government statistics available or can anyone let me know their data if they have lots of EAL children.

Thank you!!

Hi Eleanor_Gorton,

The DfE National Statistics release for the 2016/17 EYFSP scores are here. They split according to region and gender, but not EAL as far as I can see. Hopefully someone will be able to share their headline figures with you so that you get a sense of comparative attainment for your EAL children. :)

34 minutes ago, Eleanor_Gorton said:

Hi,

I hope somebody can help me. I am head of Early Years at a British school in Spain.  I have a percentage of how many of our children met the ELGS, they are all EAL children. However as we are an independent school in Spain I don't have any comparable reuslts in order to see how we are doing. Are there any government statistics available or can anyone let me know their data if they have lots of EAL children.

Thank you!!

Thank you Rebecca!

• Like 1

Hi there Eleanor.

If you follow Rebecca's link above and scroll down to 'additional tables by pupil characteristics' you will find the data for children who's first language is not English.  You can see this by area in England,  and by each area of learning plus the GLD. You an also compare previous years. However this is a national data set and does not distinguish by schools which have high EAL numbers.

Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)