Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Responsibility points

We are just looking at this now - I've used this from the teachers pay scales as a basis for my understanding and have adjusted the amounts accordingly. This is from the TES:

"Teaching and learning responsibility (TLR) payments
Classroom teachers who take on extra responsibility could be awarded a Teaching and Learning Responsibility (TLR) payment.

TLR payments fall into three categories. TLR1 and TLR2 are awarded to teachers undertaking sustained additional responsibility. TLR3 payments are awarded for teachers who are taking on a time-limited school improvement project or one-off responsibility.

TLR1 payments range from £7,699 - £13,027
TLR2 payments range from £2,667 - £6,515
TLR3 payments range from £529 - £2,630

Do I qualify for a TLR payment?
To get an TLR2 payment, teachers have to show they have a specific responsibility, which focuses on teaching and learning and needs professional skills and judgment. This responsibility must be one that exceeds that of the standard classroom teacher and it should be clearly defined in your job description.

In order to qualify for a larger TLR1 payment you must meet all the criteria for TLR2 as well as being a line manager for a significant number of people.

It is not possible for a teacher to receive both a TLR1 and TLR2, but it is possible for a teacher to receive a TLR1 or TLR2 and a TLR3."