Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Electricity

Guest Really

Guest Really

We are currently doing this topic and have focused on things that use batteries, things we plug in and the dangers. I did a mind map before we started and feel the children know a lot already, any ideas how I could move them on. I want something more meaty and exciting to do with them.

Any ideas please?

I have seen in use a simple circuit board of a battery and a light bulb made on a piece of board which had a break in the circuit, children then had to find items which would complete the circuit and light the bulb. Items were provided like a paper clip or plastic strip etc anfd they also had the opportunity of looking for items in the room and trying them out.

find it hard to describe but they only ised a few wires, torch bulbs in simple sockets wired together and the gap was made using brass paperclips at each end. it was very simple but the children had a lot of interst and exploration in trying to light the bulb.

Inge

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)