Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Safety Helmets

Not sure that H&S would be satisfied with that though apple. If you dont know the history of them they could have been damaged in the past and not offer the protection they were designed for. Dont receipts that prove equipment is from a reputiable supplier and conforming to the kite mark or EU mark have to be kept, I'm sure I was asked about equipment at an Ofsted. :D

fair comment Rea... I kind of thought that common sense would prevail and the practitioner would know to check for the kite mark etc? Just trying to give suggestions when people are on a budget, although safety shouldn't be compromised :)

Its interesting that you say reciepts should be kept I will bare that in mind if we ever have to go down this road (excuse the pun :D )

Toys-r-us have them for 6.99. Also some shops like B&M (don't know if they're nationwide) have them for a similar price.

We don't use them in our nursery but don't know if they're really needed for small trikes etc.

Maybe for the two wheeled bikes, but don't know of anyone else that uses them either.

• 2 weeks later...

we are just about to start to take out children outside with the trikes and scooters (finally managed to get an out door area horray!!!)

I hadnt planned on safety helmets for the trikes and I havent seen them in use at other nurseries I have been involved with but it wouldnt surprise me if in the future OFSTED start to ask for them

To save cost and to show willing that I have considered health and safety/risk assessment I will offer parents the choice if they want to provide their child with their own helmet for use on trikes during outdoor play (im also thinking of the spread of nit!!!) and that would save on cost to the setting?

looking for cheap helmets I got my daughters from Woolworths for £6.99 and it included a matching drinking bottle

if you are cheeky then maybe a contact a local bike shop see if they will do a deal? or maybe make a donation and then you could involve the local paper, guestures of good will are always good free advertising both for the group and the shop.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)