Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Student Placement

I have been asked by my committee to have student who is half way through completing her CPP next term. As this will be the first time I have had a student in the setting I am not sure of the procedure. Should she have a CRB check - she has one for college, does she need a contract etc?

Sue

Hi Sue

Her CRB check for college should cover her and you won't need to do one yourself. But we still don't allow them to be on their own with children even so.

I have attached a copy of our student contract. i hope this helps.

Linda

Student_contract.doc

we do similar as linda,

we give a booklet or information on us, our philosophy, our routine, what the student will be expected to do, and what they are not allowed to do, hours they will be expected to work, who to contact if they are not attending for any reason and also to let them know that if they are due to attend and do not contact us we will inform college. (had one who was telling college one thing and us another!)

Also to let us know of any work they need to do while with us, ensure they bring in the relevant paperwork for staff to complete during their placement and not on the last day in the 5 mins!!!(it has happened!)

Crb checks depend on length of placement, we have to do them if the placement is for longer than 13 weeks, even if they have one for college. (early years dept have told us that is the requirement by Ofsted, and what they wish us to do.)

we also like to know the name of their tutor at college for contact if we need it. This is helpful if you feel they are in need of additonal support while with you.

some local settings also ask to them in for an interview before taking the student, we ask them to contact us and visit before the placement so we can give them info in advance and allow them time to ask any questions before they start. ( we have so many students, 3 last week (different days) and this term when one leaves another comes!)

Inge

don't forget to check that the CRB is enhanced or standard. I know our college only do Standard CRB's which don't cover everything. Its cheaper so I was told bythe college

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)