Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sharing information

Hi,

I'm new to the post of Senco and wondered if you could tell me what information do you share when a child with SEN moves onto another setting. Obviously I expect to share recent Individual plans and review meeting notes but what about reports from other professionals?. Also if the child has an Education, Health and Care Plan do you share this or is it up to the caseworker/parents to share this with the new setting. I'm going to hold a transition meeting soon and want to ensure I am confident in what I am sharing.

Thank you

Do you have any agreements set up with the parents and outside professionals that you can share information with future settings? I would suggest you set this up for future children, so you can reassure yourself you are doing the right thing. :)

But for now- will the parents be attending the transition meeting? If not, I would specifically ask for their written permission to share everything you have about their child. I think the fullest picture you can present to the new setting offers the child the best possible start, so I wouldn't imagine anyone would object.  But I'd get that written permission nevertheless! You may find on the other professionals' reports that it states it can be shared with other professionals involved in the care and education of the child, with the permission of the parents/carers?

• Like 1

Thank you for your reply. Yes we have agreements in place to share information I was just a little confused as to what information to share. 

Parents will be attending the transition meeting so I'll ensure I have their consent and document this.

• Like 1