Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Progression In Ict

Does anyone have ascheme of computer skills to teach reception children? My children can log on/off, access software, use a paint programme but I am at a loss as what to teach them next.

This post has struck a cord with me! Just last week I was talking to my ICT manager about this very thing - it forms a tiny part of the Profile and not much more in the Curriculum Guidance but in reality it seems to be quite a big area (although I know all our 6 areas are of equal importance)

We are having a meeting together to try and work out an ICT scheme of work for FS but I will attach something that might be useful for you below. When we have got something I will be happy to post it.

ICT_skills_for_Early_Years.doc

Guest tinkerbell

We received some CD Roms with ICT ideas for all the classes in school the reception one had the children using digital cameras,photocopiers etc.They were ok to give you ideas and remind you that ICT is in lots of the areas and we use it all the time.I think they were from the gov.?

Tinkerbellx

Thanks - these are both really useful. If you do manage to put together a scheme of work I would really appreaciate being able to look at it!

I think the ICT CDROM content can be viewed on-line here (I tried to get some copies of the disc a couple of weeks ago for our local preschools but it was unavailable)

We use a scheme through out the school I think its called Spark Island, it addresses ICT in Reception but I don't really know if its any good as I'm in Nursery!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)