Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Committee members retention info

Hi Motherclanger,

I've looked at the records and retention documents that we have in our resource library and I can't find anything specifically pertaining to committee members. In the absence of anything else, if I was you I would telephone my professional organisation (PLA, NDNA, PACEY etc) and ask their advice. If still nothing, I would telephone the 'lawcall' phone line that generally comes as part of your insurance.

If you do manage to find something useful, it would be really helpful if you could report back to us here!

Hi Rebecca

We do not belong to the PLA or any other organisation.

Bit stuck as to where to go to find out, maybe the charity commission?

I have been trying to get hold the county advisor, but not had any luck yet!

Thanks for your reply!

5 minutes ago, Motherclanger said:

Bit stuck as to where to go to find out, maybe the charity commission?

Yes, they would be a good start ... and also your insurance provider as they will have a free lawcall as part of the package

It will very much depend on your legal structure - are you a CIO or an unincorporated Charity? The charity commission requires you to keep the information for a certain period, but it does depend on the type of charity you are I believe. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)