Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Flower Number Activity

Hi, does anyone have any ideas for a table top activity for the theme of growing? I was going to get some plastic flowers and put them in a pot so children can arrange, sequence and solve practical problems or laminate some and attatch them to something but I don't know whatI could stick them on. I didn't want to use any straw as children would trash it in two seconds. What could I attatch my flowers to? Inspiration needed please. Thanks in advance.

Zainab

x

Hi, does anyone have any ideas for a table top activity for the theme of growing?  I was going to get some plastic flowers and put them in a pot so children can arrange, sequence and solve practical problems or laminate some and attatch them to something but I don't know whatI could stick them on. I didn't want to use any straw as children would trash it in two seconds.  What could I attatch my flowers to?  Inspiration needed please.  Thanks in advance.

Zainab

x

50360[/snapback]

A big sheet of card/wall and velcro would be good for sorting or creating pattern sequences with laminated flowers

Hi there

What about a shape game of building a flower, i.e. The children have an empty template of a flower - pot, stem, 2 leaves, flower head, petals. they roll a dice and the number should have a corresponding shape, e.g. if they roll a 1, they get to put a stem on their board, 2=a leaf, 3=pot, 4=flower head, 5=a petal, 6=they pick anything.

I'm also doing this theme next week on T.Practice, and my teachers suggested this as a good game which she has used before.

I am also doing sequencing a flower activity.

Hope this helps

G.

You could make a simple board game using flower shapes with numbers in the centre. Try using plastic butterflies instead of counters. You could adapt the game according to your children e.g. if they land on a red flower they miss a turn, or go on/ back a space etc.

I use lolly sticks with flower shapes glued on. We have 10 flower pots that the children fill with compost (each flower pot is numbered 1-10) The children 'plant' the correct number of flowers in the pots. They can also count how many flowers planted altogether, lots of counting and number recognition.

Sue J

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)