Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

2 year old next steps

Hi All

So i'm new to working with 2 year olds and feel  ive planned as much as possible each term for the prime areas. Obviously i'm concentrating on those before  thinking about moving onto specific. What sort of activities could you plan to support understanding and speaking? i've planned past few terms to do singing and stories and running out of ideas.

Any help would be appreciated  

Good morning kellyml89!

If it were me I wouldn't plan too much - I would make sure there were familiar activities alongside some new and exciting experiences and then I would observe what and how the children are playing. Based on what I see and hear I would plan out from there. If you're new in the group make sure that the children have time to feel comfortable and settled with you - I wouldn't do lots of new things as well as being 'new in the group' that might be a bit too 'full on' for both you and the children. For me, the Prime areas are not necessarily things that I would plan for in isolation - the key to them is that they happen all of the time, irrespective of what the activities are. Good luck, come back and ask for more help if you need it :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)