Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

What now with self-evaluation?

Since Ofsted are bringing the online submission of the SEF to an end we need to consider where we are left in terms of self-evaluation as it remains a requirement to plan, act, review and reflect on our provision for children. The inspection handbook tells us that inspectors will:

"obtain evidence of:

• the effectiveness of self-evaluation, including contributions from parents, carers and other stakeholders
  • whether leaders have implemented well-focused improvement plans through engagement with staff, children, parents and carers" 

To be judged 'Outstanding' in the Leadership and Management area Inspectors need to see the provider demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the importance of self-evaluation (Inspection Handbook p32/33)

So, clearly we need to have some sort of Self-evaluation document but what should it look like and what should it include? I am happy to put something together for people to use but before I do what does it need to be like?

• Like 2

Just now, Rebecca said:

So, clearly we need to have some sort of Self-evaluation document but what should it look like and what should it include? I am happy to put something together for people to use but before I do what does it need to be like?

• it needs to be an electronic version so that it is easy to write in, update and change
  • it needs not to be too wieldy
  • it needs not be only for a year at a time, but with an easy way to look back at what has gone before 

What else?

5 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

O.o I am 'all out of thoughts' today Rebecca - have spent the last couple of hours trying hard to get my head around GDPR (all of your info was massively helpful so thanks).........

Excellent - I'm pleased we could help. The next few will be coming next week - these ones aren't so massive and are of more relevance to large international companies

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, sunnyday said:

There is a futurelearn course starting 9th April re GDPR if anyone is interested - I have (reluctantly) signed up for it

Thank you for this - I've added it to our courses and events and to the GDPR thread :)