Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Child who is too friendly

I have a three year old in my group who is too friendly/over familiar with any strangers that come into the group or who we meet out and about in the community.  It was noticed by our LA visitor once and now her parents are concerned that she has no awareness of ‘stranger danger’.  Taking her age into account and whilst not wishing to squash her beautiful friendly and trusting nature, how would you go about trying to teach her some awareness?

I'd probably look at a 'People who help us' agenda rather than 'People who we should be wary of'. By focusing on the positive you might be able to say things like 'we can always talk to a police officer as they will always help us, even though we don't know them, we know they are police officers so that is ok - we wouldn't want to talk to everyone we didn't know would we?' I'd go for the drip feeding - who we can trust and who we should be more cautious about. I wonder if there are additional issues about emotional boundaries though too? I expect one of our SEN experts will be able to help us here!

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)