Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Interactive Whiteboards (again)

mundia

Ho Folks. We have just had our IWB fitted in both reception classes and the nursery...great stuff.

Now Im after two things if anyone can help (dont ask for much do i?)

Im looking for an interactive clock face..anyone help with that?

Im also looking for stuff to us that is just touch rather than drag. Quite a number of the children are strugging with the dragging at this stage, and I need that is really simple. We dont have money for new software (yet) so i need to use stuff I can download. can anyone help with that one please?

hi mundia

if you visit priory woods school (middlesborough) they have some great clips that you can download and only rely on a touch response to get them moving. It is a special school so this can of thing they excel at.

Priory Woods School

Just have a browse around the site and you should come across the cause and effect video clips. Mine love the amarillo one and the Balamory one amongst many others.

Have fun... they really are great :D

Well having not found what i was looking for re the clock face, Im putting my own together (well it was a good idea when i thought it) but Im having trouble with the clock hands. Any smartbook experts out there?

Guest tinkerbell

Mundi

To make a clock face on smart board drawbig circle, then type each number seperatley,drag thenm to their place on the face.Then highlight all and lock in place.Then go on the arrow line and make the arrows for the hands put in place , when you click on them you get a circle at each end which you move to rotate ...I think this will work.

thanks tinkerbell, ive done the clock bit (well i cheated a bit), its the hands. I want to fix the base of the arrow so that it rotates but keeps the base on the centre spot of the clock..it doesnt seem to do that?

Ho Folks. We have just had our IWB fitted in both reception classes and the nursery...great stuff. 

Im also looking for stuff to us that is just touch rather than drag. Quite a number of the children are strugging with the dragging at this stage, and I need that is really simple. We dont have money for new software (yet) so i need to use stuff I can download. can anyone help with that one please?

49909[/snapback]

Fisherprice website has a lot of games where you just click and something reacts/happens.

49909[/snapback]

try http://www.ferryhalim.com/orisinal/

It is american but I quite like it but beware of some school/LEA filters don't always allow it (dunno why!)

Fisherprice website has a lot of games where you just click and something reacts/happens.

50371[/snapback]

you might find this place helpful

www.prometheanworld.com/uk/scholastic

It doesn't matter if you don't have a prom board you can download a viewer. The Princess and the Pea and The Phonics flipchart might be of particular use? :)

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)