Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Government launches consultation on plans to modernise sex education, which includes mandatory relationships education for four-year-olds

The Department for Education is considering how to update the existing Sex and Relationship guidance which, was last updated in 2000, and is therefore now out of date. The updated guidance will support schools in delivering the new subjects of Relationships Education at primary and Relationships and Sex Education (RSE) at secondary, as well as, potentially, Personal, Social, Health and Economic Education (PSHE). You can access the consultation here. The consultation closes 12th February 2018.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've found this really difficult.  What I really want to write is about filling their buckets of self esteem so full in the early years that the rest of life can't empty it.  Not really substantial enough, but what we do with the egoists sets them up for healthy futures.  By the same token, KS3 can teach them all they like, but children who are broken in the Early Years will be more likely to take risks or be taken advantage of.  Better get my ducks in a row before tackling this properly. 

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)