Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Classroom Monitor

Guest Miss Molly

Guest Miss Molly

As a school we have recently bought in to Classroom Monitor. As far as I am aware it is an ICT package which allows you to input data to track the children's achievements through the SS and goals. I have recently begun to input data for my class but I feel it will be a very long process. Does anyone use this? Is it valuable? I am aware that it is very good for summarising e.g. girl/boy info, grouping and to make individual reports etc. Please let me know how this is working in your FS class. Thanks.

We are using it in our school. (Infant school)

I have found that it does take a bit of time to get used to it- but the more I use it the quicker and easier it is to use... and keep up to date.

We produce end of year reports- and i think it will be a real bonus as you can write your reports easily throughout the year and not have a massive task at the end of the year.

Have had mixed response from colleagues at school- but I quite like it- will cut out all the paper filling records (hopefully)

Had some problems installing it on some PCs though (although i hope that is now sorted)

Interested to hear what others think

L

Guest Miss Molly

Thanks for your reply Lorna. For a while there I was thinking we were the only school using it! So help me out... I am at the stage where I need to input the data 'taught, attained, mastered' etc. I am finding this a bit more difficult than simply 'yes' or 'no'. We have 46 Reception children. I have done most of PSED for 26 so far. Ahh! Don't you find it difficult to decide the difference between 'attained' and 'mastered'. What is the best way to input the data? Child by child for the whole curriculum or all children but just one strand? Confused...please help! :o

Hi Ceri -

Probably a bit late for you now, but we did quite an extensive product review when it first came out. You might find it useful in its description of some of the reporting features - anyway, you can find it here. :)

I input the data an area at a time.

You have the feature where you can select a row or column and set it all to the same level which I find quicker and then tweek it for individual children.

For attained and mastered- the way i look at it is:

Attained:- child is able to do, but may still need reminders- ocassionally.

Mastered:- child can do independently and tends to do most of the time.

Hope that helps

L

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)