Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Friday Evening

Just come back from taking the dog for a walk and it is freezing out there!! Has winter finally arrived?

Looking forward to tomorrow. I am going to get up early and watch the rugby-fingers crossed!! Then I am having my first taste of Christmas! My husband rides a motor bike and every November he goes on a ride from Manchester city centre to the Trafford Centre with hundreds of other bikers. It is organised by the Salvation Army and they raise money and collect toys for needy children in the north west. It ends with a carol service in the Trafford Centre and it is a wonderful event-all these bikers in their leathers with cuddly toys etc. singing their hearts out!!! It's amazing to watch!!

Might do some Christmas shopping as well!!

Linda

I wish I had your commitment to my garden Mundia. It is starting to look a little sad and forlorn now! I must admit though that I have become somewhat lazy on that front as my daughters boyfriend is a gardener by trade!! He tends to keep it tidy for us!!

Still cold here and getting colder!

Linda

Couldn't watch the rugby for most of the time-I was nearly having a heart attack at one point. In fact when Australia were awarded the penalty at full time I shouted at the television. The dog thought I was being attacked and came racing downstairs barking away to rescue me! :( I have to admit he is a loveable little thing but quite dim at times!!! :oxD Still at least I know I'm protected if anyone should try to break in-I hope!!

Spent a lovely 30 mins or so watching about 300 bikes arrive at the Trafford Centre and singing carols. Still freezing cold though-I think I've lost most of my toes!!!!

Linda

Hi Linda

Hope you had a nice day. Through gritted teeth I say "well done England". I hate to say it but I think most of Scotland were probably rooting for Oz. But England did do well, I suppose you have got to support the home nations, eh? Not much chance of you ever having to do that for Scotland, though we did do well considering we are fairly crap!!!!

Cheers

Marathon.

Well I'm Welsh, Marathon - but married to an English girl and therefore with two half English children - and (not that I had a choice) I was happy to be supporting England today! :D

We have a blood pressure monitor - for my son really - but Helen suggested I take my blood pressure at the end of the game. 170/100 was actually less than I expected, but quite high enough!

Good to find this thread - I've been neglecting the lounge these last couple of days. Hope you're all having a good weekend regardless of the weather! Slough, Birmingham, Scotland and Stockport all sound like good places to be!

This is Lewes, signing off!

It's been cold here too!! We had a frost last night - which is virtually unheard of. The sad news is that it killed all my bizzie lizzies, which had been in full bloom. xD We dont even think of that normally, so I hadn't covered them.

However, once the sun came out fully, it did get into the low 60s during the day, but it's cold again tonight. It's caused great excitement because the weathermen say we are going to get some record low temperatures. Maybe I'll have to persuade my three year old to wear long trousers this week - she's still in shorts and Tshirts.

One thing I'd miss if I returned to the UK to live, would be the weather. We sat outside with the children playing with their bubble wands this afternoon, and I had to go to get my sunglasses. Couldnt imagine doing that in November back home! Mind you, I did persuade them that it wasn't warm enough for the paddling pool. :o

Hmm.

I can't really think of California as a place for Bizzie Lizzies. It's a place of great wide spaces, open skies, rolling oceans, hugeness generally - and 24 hour a day entrepreneurialism in my head...

But Bizzie Lizzies? :o

It was great to watch the lads arriving home from Aussie today!!! I watched too although am originally from Scotland. Have a bad case of sad disorder. Have done nothing tonight. Gloom, gloom, Still, Friday is decorating day in the unit so perhaps the festive spirit will start to take hold!

Chris :o