Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

KS1/KS2 Analysis - Achievement Screen

OlayaTapestrySupport

The Key Stage analysis achievement screen will allow you to compare the children’s current tier score to their 5 most recent previous tier scores in that year and also to their MAP (Maintained Achievement Point). This will allow you to track whether they are working at where you expected them to be (which is their MAP) throughout the year. 

If you haven't set up tiers, children's MAPs or haven't started assessing KS1/KS2 on your account yet, you can use the tutorials linked below to help you.

Setting up KS assessments on your account
Setting Key Stage Maintained Achievement Points for children
Assessing with the KS1 and KS2 frameworks

To find this screen, you will need to navigate to the (1) Tracking tab at the top of the page. Here, you will be given the option to choose which year group you wish to analyse. For the purpose of this tutorial, I am going to analyse (2) KS1 Y1. Once you have selected the year you will then need to click the 'Group View' on the (3) Achievement section to enter the area.

image.png

As with the other KS1/KS2 analysis screens, when you have gone to the achievement screen you can filter by (1) subject, area, aspect or statement. You will also be able to filter by (2) groups and (3) period. You can also (4) add more than one group if you wish to compare two or more groups. 

filters.png

Please note that in order to have achievement results, you will have to have at least one assessed period prior to the period selected in the filters, so there can be a comparison between the current period and the ones before.

If you have only started assessing your KS1/KS2 groups for the first time, your achievement screen will look like this:

empty column.png

However, if you are analysing a second or subsequent assessment period, your achievement screen will look like this:

several previous tiers.png

The more previous periods you have assessed, the more columns will show in the Previous Tier Scores section:

For the purpose of this tutorial, thus, I have selected all 150 statements, and selected the all children, but you might want to narrow it down a little further. I have set up the assessment period to the Summer Term, 1 so I can compare it to the Autumn and Spring terms results.

The achievement table, as you can see, shows each child's MAP score, their previous Tier Scores and their current period Tier Score. This is a way to easily compare each term’s attainment and see whether or not that coincides with the tier you would expect each child to be at (the MAP).

Please note that the figures shown represent the average MAP score and tier scores for the chosen period and statements for each child.

Let's take a look at Trudy, for instance. 

Trudy.png

Trudy's average MAP score is of 3.08. We can see that Trudy achieved an average tier score of 3.00, 3.00, 2.78 and 1.41 on her previous assessment periods. During the current period she achieved a 1.86. We can see that Trudy stayed on track for the first three assessment periods. Her categorisation - as explained on the attainment screen tutorial - would have been of working at her MAP score throughout those terms.

However, Trudy's tier score for the period just before the selected period drops notoriously to a 1.41, this means that Trudy fell behind, no longer working at her MAP score, but below it. Her results improved slightly on the current term, but, still, Trudy is no longer on track, as she is still below her MAP score.

If you keep scrolling down you will see a chart that represents the percentage of children achieving at each tier. By hovering your cursor over a column you will see the exact percentage of children at each level.

chart.png

We can see that, for the period selected, all the children in my account are scattered through the three middle tears. This means that no one is falling too far behind, or working too exceedingly, assuming that the MAP for all children is 3. You can visually analyse how much this chart has changed from the previous period by setting the assessment period to the one before. In this case, I have gone back to my filters and changed the period from Summer term 1 to Spring term 2. These are the results back then; we can see there has been a general improvement and that children are moving up tiers. 

Remember how Trudy fell behind on track on the previous assessment period?

achievement chart.png

If you decided to compare two or more groups, and set the filters up for this purpose, you will see the comparative graph results for the separate groups in this chart. 

comparison chart.png

You can now export a printable/downloadable version of the analysis by clicking the 'PDF' button on the filtering section.

PDF.png

You can also export either the table or the column chart by clicking 'CSV' or 'image' respectively on each figure's title.

I hope this tutorial helped with the reading of your KS1/KS2 achievement data!

Back to Main Tutorials Page