Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Romance Never Dies

Hi all, just wanted to share with you all the romantic way my nephew proposed to his now wife. ( got married at the weekend).

My nephew Daniel had been courting his girlfriend Suewan, who is Chinese for 10 yrs. 8 months ago Daniel was teaching kindergarten in Hong Kong, he had a class of 5-6 yr olds.

He asked all 30 children to "write" a marriege proposal for Suewan. He scribed on the board for the children to copy and then they added a picture. They were lovely pictures of brides, grooms, hearts, flowers, birds ( doves, I think). Well, once they were completed, all with the message "Please will you marry Mr Daniel" he stuck them all up onthe walls in his flat. When he arrived home with Suewan, she entered the flat 1st ( not knowing what she was about to see) and daniel let the front door close, staying outside. Suewan took quite a few minutes to take it all in and realise what was happening, she turned to speak to Daniel, couldn't find him then opened the front door to find him down on one knee, with the ring in his hand. Aaaaaah.

They married on Sunday, after the main ceremony ( Christian), they held a Chinese "Tea" ceremony. The elders of the family take turns to sit on a particular chair and they are then presented with a small bowl of tea by the bride and groom, by accepting and drinking the tea, the elders show their blessing for the marriage. They then give the bride and groom a red envelope with, tradition says gold, but the modern version is with a small gift inside.

Daniel and Suewan are now honeymooning in Hong kong, and Daniel is looking forward to going back to the school to show all the children that their proposals worked :D

Peggy

'Romance never dies...dont think it was ever actually alive in my house, hubby has just said, and I quote 'I'm waiting for that plate just shove it in your gob' (refering to my pancake) xD He's going to look different if he carries on :o

Sorry ponder not poner.

Actually he is romantic in his own way- rings to see if I've had a good day (does he still believe all the children have left by 3.30pm from a school after this length of time, sends me emails and texts (don' t know how to pick up texts) and makes me laugh (with him and at him!!!!!!!)

Current favourite is the family Popov circus with youngest gymnastics addict daughter- seeing him lying on the floor with daughter above arms in a star shape as well as their other routines at 7.00pm has me in stitches and reminds me why I love him (he' s a total softy, family man and tells me frequently that we are his world). Now must leave site and go off for a sleepy huggle!!

Lisa

Oh Peggy that is wonderful, i am sat here reading it with a tear in my eye. I am a big softy.My hubby tries to be romantic but not

very often although he did have some flowers delivered to work for me on our 30th wedding anniversary- i nearly fell over with supprise!