Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Graguate Teacher Programme

Guest bevbenyon

Guest bevbenyon

Hi. I am just coming to the end of a distance learning BA in Early Childhood Studies with Aberdeen University. I am currently employed in a Nursery Unit attached to a large Primary school as a NNEB and am exploring the GTP route into teaching. Has anyone any comments/ experiences they would like to share with me on this? I'm not quite sure what the procedure is - I would like to undertake the training at my school.....the HEAD is willing although we have never run this programme before. I would be grateful for any comments. rolleyes:

hi bevbenyon

im currently studying on a F/D and progressing into my final degree year nxt year. im also down to start the GTP. firstly your school should have a school advisor who can direct you in the right direction. if not go to the TTA website and register and request the package they have on the GRTP it will give you all the details you need and who to apply to. in lancashire they run their own programme however there are some conditions 1. you need 2 be over 23 2. you need a 2:1 degree to progress onto it. you need to be aware that places are very sought after with very few places available nationwide. i hope that ive been of some help. give us a shout if u need anymore help. get the pack and apply asap then you can get the ball rolling. ive been enroled for 2yrs and the co-ordinator keeps in contact to see where im up to! goodluck!

jo

Guest bevbenyon
Hi.  I am just coming to the end of a distance learning BA in Early Childhood Studies with Aberdeen University.  I am currently employed in a Nursery Unit attached to a large Primary school as a NNEB and am exploring the GTP route into teaching.  Has anyone any comments/ experiences they would like to share with me on this?  I'm not quite sure what the procedure is - I would like to undertake the training at my school.....the HEAD is willing although we have never run this programme before.  I would be grateful for any comments. rolleyes:

Thanks jo. That does help. My Head has just returned an 'expression of interest' form to HOPE university(Liverpool) I'm due to graduate in May so I do need to move on this! Thanks again. I may pick your brains some more if I'm struggling!

• 1 month later...

I am currently mentoring a colleague of mine through the GTP... we are finding that it is very secondary biased and is not overly clear with the outcomes for the trainee.

There is some mention of the Primary phase, but non of the foundation stage :o

We are using the West Berkshire Training program and have really been told that although we have a training plan in place, how this is completed and recorded is up to the individual school.

I would advise anyone taking this route that it involves an increadable amount of work not only for the trainee but also for the mentor. Make sure that you untertake the training in a supportive school... with people you can turn to for help and support... and remember where it is leading to.

Good luck with applying.

:)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)