Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Topics - Night & Day

BEWARE!!!!!!!

I am a very angry nursery nurse!!!

I'm frustrated by the way the teacher changes her mind at the drop of a hat!

I've just heard today, via a text, that our topic for the next 6 wks has been changed to night and day.

I'm just wondering if any of you have used this as a topic for nursery.

I'd appreciate any plans you may have.

:oxD:(:(

it is a lovely topic to do :) Do you know why she has changed it at such short notice?We would only change or extend a topic if the children had iniated it!

Never mind chin up we have done the following

sounds in the day/night (theres a lovely story about mr bear who cant sleep cos of the noise cant remeber it at mo)

peoples different jobs day/night

sun/moon (whatever next or catch me the moon daddy)

space/stars

routines day/night

bedtime stories etc

dark/light

tents/torches

growing cress experimenting putting it in a cupboard and in the light

will keep thinking for you

Andrea

Animals - owls, hedgehogs, bats etc.

Why the change? As Andreamay said, if it's child initiated, but it seems s bit late in the day to change plans, if starting tomorrow!

Good luck!

You are moving towards Easter so coming up to Spring so 'time' is a good one because the hours of daylight will lengthen. Looking at wildlife and spring growth fits in too - sort of. A good addition to role-play could be some tunnels for underground animals, and you could add torches to fit in with the 'dark/light' part of this theme.

I always did this topic coming up to Christmas because it fitted in with light and Autumn celebrations.

Sorting clothes for daytime and night-time, then cutting and sticking clothes from catalogues on black paper for pyjamas etc. and light blue paper for daytime clothes.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)