Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Allowing parents to download pdfs of journals

surfer

Can anyone help- I want to allow all the parents of the 66 children leaving us to be able to download their child's learning journal- do I have to do each one individually or is there a quicker way to do this for a group of them?

I have found the tutorial for doing it but there is no mention for doing it for more that 1 child?

Edited by surfer

Hello Surfer!

We're glad that you were able to find out how to generate the learning journals and enable them to be downloaded by relatives in bulk! :1b

If you require any further assistance, please refer to this tutorial and scroll down about a quarter of the page to where it says 'Alternatively, if you want to export several at once...'

• 11 months later...

Hello Serena,

You don't need to download the journal yourself - you create it for the parents and they download it to their computer via Tapestry. If you follow the tutorial you will see the option to generate the PDF for staff or for relatives. Then you will select an option to 'allow recipient to download' the PDF once you have generated it. Once you have done this, relatives can access their PDF downloads page by logging into their Tapestry account in a web browser, clicking on their name at the top-right and clicking "PDF Downloads". You can follow how they are getting on downloading the journal by looking at your 'History' in your control panel.

I think perhaps you were generating the journal yourself and then downloading it yourself and trying to send it, hopefully the advice above will help you out! :)