Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

transferring and making children inactive

I have 2 queries

1) If we make a child inactive to free up space can the relatives still down load the journal?

2) We have 7 children transferring to another setting, they e-mailed and asked if we could start the process. I agreed and duly started it, I'm currently awaiting the transfer key from Tapestry. The setting have now said on second thoughts they would rather wait until the first day back in September as they haven't freed up any space yet. Can I keep the transfer in progress for 6 weeks?

Hello holyangelpreschool!

1) Relatives can indeed still download the journal of an inactive child, however the journals are only available for up to 7 days after generation. Therefore if the relative hasn't downloaded the journal within this time, you will need to reactivate the child and generate the journal again. :1b

2) The transfer keys and names should still be valid to perform the transfer in September, however any new observations you add after the date the transfer keys and names were generated, will not be included in the transfer in September. Therefore if you add anything further to the children's profiles, new transfer keys and names will need to be generated in September to include these.