Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Paper For Painting

Can anyone help me? The company I have used for years to order my painting paper has changed so that they will not accept orders from customers who spend less than £1000 a year with them ie they are no longer interested in small pre-schools such as mine. Searching the catalogues I can 't find anyone else who does newsprint of a suitable size for easels in 500 sheet packs. Where do you all get your painting paper from? Our children usually produce around 15-20 paintings a day so I need a cheap supply!

I think when I tried YP they would only deliver to an educational establishment. As we were in a church hall with a residential address for post we couldnt use them. We used to get our paper from a resource centre. :D

Have you got a Scrap Store in your area? We find them invaluable, you have to pay an annual fee of around £75.00 ( I think), but you can get a supply of paper and masses of resources for collage, junk etc etc etc.... It's really handy too if you have limited storage space for your resources as you can go as often as you like. Because they get there paper from various places, you can pick up all colours, sizes, rolls of the stuff! We save an absolute fortune. As you say with painting alone, you could get through a couple of hundred sheets a week.

Not sure who you will need to ask if you do have one in your area - might be the local council.

Have you got a Scrap Store in your area? We find them invaluable, you have to pay an annual fee of around £75.00 ( I think), but you can get a supply of paper and masses of resources for collage, junk etc etc etc.... It's really handy too if you have limited storage space for your resources as you can go as often as you like. Because they get there paper from various places, you can pick up all colours, sizes, rolls of the stuff! We save an absolute fortune. As you say with painting alone, you could get through a couple of hundred sheets a week.

Not sure who you will need to ask if you do have one in your area - might be the local council.

48818[/snapback]

Seawhite based in Pulborough West Sussex are FAB. Cheap, fantastic colours in tropical and earth tonea aswell as recycled cacard and cartridge paper. Look them up on the internet. I've used them for years. :)

Do you have a printing business nearby Debs? We have an ex father who supplies us with the end of rolls from the printers he works for. Maybe you could source some paper from a local firm? It is ideal as we use it for our displays as we can cut it to any length.

Linda

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)