Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sponsored Activity

Just looking for your inspiration or suggestions!!!1

I want to do a small scale fundraiser or 2 (to raise money towards lowering the cost of a class outing to the farm), and apart from a cake sale, I'm trying to think of a nice sponsored activity the children could do at home... Does anyone have any good ideas that have worked well for reception age children?

We did a sponsored matchbox fundraiser which worked well (children took home a matchbox and were sponsored for the amount of things they could fit inside it - and we want do something along those lines but different.....

Looking forward to your replies

Cheers

BB

Hi

We did a similar thing with smartie tubes, the children took them home and filled them with money, then brought them back, We did make quite a bit of money from this.

The other sponsored things we have done have been during school hours like a sponsored obstacle race and a sponsored bike ride, so many laps around the playground.

We did a sponsored Leaf, the children had to collect and stick on as many green things (to match the leaf) as they could fit on! It was out best fund raiser ever, we raised over £500!!!

We have also done a sponsored 'heart', same thing as the leaf but with 'collect and stick on as many pictures of things you love' The only preparation needed was to cut out large 'leaves' or 'hearts' from card.

We did a sponsored Leaf, the children had to collect and stick on as many green things (to match the leaf) as they could fit on! It was out best fund raiser ever, we raised over £500!!!

We have also done a sponsored 'heart', same thing as the leaf but with 'collect and stick on as many pictures of things you love' The only preparation needed was to cut out large 'leaves' or 'hearts' from card.

We had a sponsored alphabet hunt which was successful. Each child took home an A3 26 squared grid ( marked a-z) and had to stick or draw something for each initial letter sound.

We also had a sponsored run--laps of the playground which if I remember was time limited. They really enjoyed that!

We had a sponsored aerobic workout - one of the mums is an aerobics teacher and came and did an aerobics class for the school. We have also had the coins in a smarties tube, coins around the playground, making things (magnets, keyrings etc to sell to parents)

We do a sponsored "collect". The children are given a card divided into 10 and are instructed to find and stick on items such as a feather, a leaf, an apple pip etc. We are hoping to raise a lot of money towards a new climbing frame.

Anita

My fundraiser wasn't actually a sponser but each child had a sheet of A4 paper with a picture of all our coins, 1p, 2p, 5p, 10p, 20p, 50p, £1,& £2 total £3.88.

The idea is that they did helpful things at home such as getting dressed themselves, laying the dinner table, not arguing with sibling for one whole day, emtying the washing mashine, tidying bedrooms etc and the parent would stick ( with sellotape) a coin on the sheet and write underneath what the child did to "earn" the money.

The completed sheets were talked about at circle time, parents could use the idea to link with pocket money and to address any particuler behaviour issues they had at home at that time. Some children / parents asked for more sheets when the first one was completed.

After final hand in date the children were involved with sorting all the coins into sets and then a small group took the coins to the bank to change into notes.

There are some pictures of coins in the forum somewhere that you could use to produce the sheet.

I also like this idea because I was not asking for too much money from each parent and the children began to learn the value of money and the need sometimes to work for it!!!

Peggy

we do same as Anita...sponsored find........collect items onto grid .collect sponsors and money...we time it so some will be seeing relatives such as over Easter break. Made £700.00 last year from just 30 children!!! (parents took forms to work, relatives friends.)

Ensure they know what they are raising funds for we always get a better response.

we give children a certificate at the end for bringing in completed board.

Inge

i am really interested to know how the alpahbet grid sponsor thingy works??

how are they sponsored?? for each letter they find or what?sorry maybe im missing a key point but im a little confused?!

and would you suggest giving them the grid before of after easter hols?

Any of the sponsored grids finds etc an be sponsored either per item / letter or per board. Just try to gear the items to collect at the childrens level, remember the child is supposed to do it not parents! (we had a grandmother once who always looked forward to this as she enjoyed the challenge !!)

In my experience most people like to sponsor a set price and usual pay per board.

we send them home at the end of term so they have Easter to do them, this gives time with parents to do the collect, and also a chance to see family and friends to sponsor them.

We usually find money returns the first week of term after Easter, and can take a while to get it all back...we set an end date to help parents.

Inge

Edited by Inge

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)