Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Early Years Capital Fund Grants...

Littlemay

Well done Littlesparkle you got there in the end! So will the LA be paying the contractors direct or do they pay you the 75% to then pay the contractors? I'm just wondering how it works with the smaller items for kitting out the building which you might buy from say Ikea(!) or a high street store. How do you claim the money for those items? We're a bit behind you in the process so would be great to know how your LA are handling it.x

Thank you for the news that the 2nd wave of applications has been published - I've checked and our name is there! Although we had verbal confirmation this is the first time I have seen it in black and white. It seems less surreal now!

• Like 1

We don't yet know what the process will be for drawing down the funding. I am getting on with planning permission and will use our own 20% funding to meet any expenses over the next few weeks. Our builder is aiming to get the building in place by August or September but this will depend on the paperwork side of things. We have not had confirmation of an extended requirement for a completion date as the agreement is still being drawn up. The area to be used for the new building includes the space where our garage (storage) is currently sited so we are clearing it out and working out where to put a couple of sheds instead! We have also started full publicity to let people know about the 30 hour extended entitlement - now I can add the news that we will have additional places to meet the demand!

we forward invoice to LA and they deposit 75% into our account for us to then top up 25% and pay contractor.

Our deadline has been extended to end of November, is yours the same?

Yes our deadline has been extended to Nov but we are still aiming for a September opening (!) luckily we had planning permission in place already so we are hoping it is doable.

Have they explained how you claim for the smaller individual items for the fit out? That's the bit I'm confused about!

• 1 month later...

I got awarded funding in the first round. Now wishing I'd asked for more as project costs are fast spiralling ouy of control! I got sent an agreement to sign this week and assuming my project cost plan is in order I should get the first chunk around 30% soon. Relocating from pack away church hall to sole use church hall. I asked about admissions in this forum so there are some approaches on there. I have plumped for set numbers of 2YO, 15 hour and 30 hour places.

Edited by MarshaD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)