Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

References

You have to be able to prove that you have shown due diligence and have adhered to safeguarding procedures when recruiting. If you need references to do that, then yes. Ofsted don't say how many or what kind of references you need but they will want to know how you have met the statutory requirements.

You have to be able to prove that you have shown due diligence and have adhered to safeguarding procedures when recruiting. If you need references to do that, then yes. Ofsted don't say how many or what kind of references you need but they will want to know how you have met the statutory requirements.

Rebecca thank you....the group has been going a long time and I myself didnt have references for myself so got 2 personal references done and in my file....we have just employed a new deputy....who told me this from her last employment.....On our checklist for suitable people.....we have to have 2 references so got them for new deputy.....so surely its the same for us old staff......

My staff (including myself) bar two of them have no references as we have all been there for so long- nobody asked us for any!!

I certainly wouldnt bother to get them now. After 20 years, I'm sure they would be of no relevance anyway.

Last year our inspector just asked to look through the newest staff members file and checked that we had done everything we should for her. Previous to that, no one asked as I had nobody there under 12 years employment

• Like 1