Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Group comparison

Hello!

I know that the baseline assessment has not yet been added to the age band tracker and so I am using the group comparison to monitor progress from baseline instead. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be possible to print out in landscape so I can't read the names of all my groups! Would it be possible to add this feature so there would be more room to read the group names?

Many thanks,

Caroline

• Like 1

Hi Caroline,

Thanks for the suggestion! I can certainly see why you would want that so I have added it to our feature request list. Would you just like to see the same options as are available when exporting a snapshot to PDF?

All of the screens in analysis are taken from the final input into your snapshots, so it will take the scores that you manually overrode, rather than just the ones calculated by Tapestry.

I have also asked for the age band tracker to be printable and keep asking about progress tracking, feeling quite deflated as I cant seem to get anywhere and I just want a basic overview for Ofsted....are they progressing yes or no........ I know they are but I have to prove it!

Hi Keyup,

Sorry you're feeling deflated.

Over the last 4 years, we have been asked to add many features to Tapestry, and our 'to do' list is incredibly long, as you can imagine. :o

We have just completed a major, year-long migration to the updated Tapestry site alongside significant improvements- many of which you are not able to see as they are 'behind the scenes' as it were! These improvements will now allow us to add those requested features with more ease and we are working very hard to make those features available to you- one of which is trying to work out how you can print the age-band tracker when it can spread for yards across your screen!

Have you considered that you don't have to print anything out for your Ofsted inspector? They are quite used to viewing analysis on your computer screen and don't require evidence in paper form. Tapestry was created as an online tool, so printing all the screens out was never very high on the agenda, but we'll do our best.

Can you explain what you mean by a basic overview for Ofsted? The snapshot screens and the comparison screens, I believe, are the most useful in demonstrating the progress of your children, alongside the age-band tracker. All of which your inspector would be happy to view online.

Thanks for that Caroline. Can I just double check that when you say you can't read the group names, you mean because they're too small? And is that when you're choosing more than 3 variables (e.g. if you were looking at 3 groups and 1 term) meaning it goes into the graph rather than just being a table showing the average months above actual age and the percentage of children at or above actual age for each group in each aspect?

Hi Keyup,

Sorry you're feeling deflated.

Over the last 4 years, we have been asked to add many features to Tapestry, and our 'to do' list is incredibly long, as you can imagine. :o

We have just completed a major, year-long migration to the updated Tapestry site alongside significant improvements- many of which you are not able to see as they are 'behind the scenes' as it were! These improvements will now allow us to add those requested features with more ease and we are working very hard to make those features available to you- one of which is trying to work out how you can print the age-band tracker when it can spread for yards across your screen!

Have you considered that you don't have to print anything out for your Ofsted inspector? They are quite used to viewing analysis on your computer screen and don't require evidence in paper form. Tapestry was created as an online tool, so printing all the screens out was never very high on the agenda, but we'll do our best.

Can you explain what you mean by a basic overview for Ofsted? The snapshot screens and the comparison screens, I believe, are the most useful in demonstrating the progress of your children, alongside the age-band tracker. All of which your inspector would be happy to view online.

Hiya thanks for responding, I find the analysis too confusing im afraid and I have really tried! I really just need either to be able to export the Tracker....or have a basic percentage of child "below expected age" "above expected" something like that, and I need to print it out in case the internet goes down which it does....

I know its an online tool and I hate paper too but i seem to be doing so much offline work to manipulate data into an easy simple format.......

thank you for listening x

Keyup- we'll be adding the information around percentages above/at/below expectations. All the information is on the snapshots screen of course, but at the moment, you have to count them yourself!

• Like 1

Keyup- we'll be adding the information around percentages above/at/below expectations. All the information is on the snapshots screen of course, but at the moment, you have to count them yourself!

I know but MR for example Aut term adds up to 102%! Spring is currently 101%, what am I doing wrong...........?x

Hi Keyup,

Because the percentages are in whole numbers, you may find that the total percent is sometimes a little more or less than 100. For example, if a third of your children are in 30-50 emerging, a third are in 30-50 developing, and a third are in 30 - 50 secure, then it will show up as 33% in each of those sections and so the total will add up to 99%. In reality the percentage is of course 33.333.. in each which would add up to 100%.