Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Tips on reading data

skippy

Hi

I would like to print out the snapshot data for the end of autumn term for staff to see.

I wondered if anyone could help or offer advice on reading the data.

If a child's age range is 48-52 months and in some statements the child is 30-50 D should his not come up as below? As the child will now be 52 months?

I would have thought if he was 30-50 Secure he would be Ok as he would be moving into 40-60 E

Is there a way to get all children on one page of the snapshot sheet? I downloaded the PDF to landscape but because of the big margin at the top I have some children on a second page.

Any other data tips would be fantastic.

Thank you in advance :rolleyes:

Hello,

"If a child's age range is 48-52 months and in some statements the child is 30-50 D should his not come up as below? As the child will now be 52 months? I would have thought if he was 30-50 Secure he would be Ok as he would be moving into 40-60 E"

If the child is 52 months then any assessment at 30-50 months would be below. At 52 months you would expect a child who is making age appropriate progress to be 'Developing' within 40-60 age band.

I've attached the assessment explanation which might help you - analysis figures

Remember to check how you have asked Tapestry to measure your data (age bands, statements, refinements - or combinations) as this can affect the results that you see - age bands and refinements is the most useful.

Hi Rebecca

"If the child is 52 months then any assessment at 30-50 months would be below. At 52 months you would expect a child who is making age appropriate progress to be 'Developing' within this age band."

Sorry I am still not following... :blink: I think I am overthinking!!!

At 52 months would the child not be 'ideally' developmentally in 40-60 and not 30-50 otherwise they would be below?

We enter our data at the end of term when we firm up where are children are. Therefore this child who is 52 months now is green in 30-50? So when I'm looking at that child for spring term they are actually below not within?

Are we doing it wrong?

Are there any tutorials to help with understanding data? Or someone who I could 'talk' too?

Hi Rebecca

"If the child is 52 months then any assessment at 30-50 months would be below. At 52 months you would expect a child who is making age appropriate progress to be 'Developing' within this age band."

Sorry I am still not following... :blink: I think I am overthinking!!!

At 52 months would the child not be 'ideally' developmentally in 40-60 and not 30-50 otherwise they would be below?

We enter our data at the end of term when we firm up where are children are. Therefore this child who is 52 months now is green in 30-50? So when I'm looking at that child for spring term they are actually below not within?

Are we doing it wrong?

Are there any tutorials to help with understanding data? Or someone who I could 'talk' too?

Developing within 40-60, not 30-50 - sorry if that wasn't clear