Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Xbox Live

Rea

Hi, if anyone has connected their Xbox to the internet through a wireless connection can you please tell me how xD

I've been trying to do it for two weeks, spending £150 in the process. I am quite positively at the end of my tether. None of the things I have bought (on advice I'll have you know) have done what they say on the tin. I have spoken to 4 people from the Scandinavian countries judging by the accents, and followed their instructions. I have spoken to Xbox twice, to an english man and an American, to no avail. PC world, no help. It seems that if you know what to ask you can get an answer but I dont even know that. Surely someone has a teenager at home who has been there and done it. Help me before I lose the plot :o

Oh, Rea!!

I feel for you, but am no use at all, as I have no ideas on the subject and no experience!!

Please don't hurl rotten veg at me :o - but then, you know what my advice would be like if I gave any, don't you!!! xD

Maybe Steve knows???????

Sue, sending soothing vibes :(:(

Oh Rea, how annoying. I know exactly how you feel because I spent hours (quite literally) on the phone to technical support when I tried to connect my wanadoo live box to my "old" pc - and all to no avail :o Nobody was able to explain why so I gaveup.

However, now I have a smart new "laptop for teachers" machine I have been able to connect with no problem at all.

Well thank you very much ASPK!!! I feel much better knowing you have a fabulous laptop. xD:o

Sue R, obviously you do know I didnt mean you when I asked for technical help, so dont feel bad that you cant give it. Nobody can be good at everything, I'll share my signature if you want! :D

Thanks Beau, I havent touched the acursed thing since Wednesday, really havent had time. But its like a dark shadow hovering in the back of my mind just waiting to cause another nightmare. Melodramatic???? No, realistic. :o:D

Well thank you very much ASPK!!! I feel much better knowing you have a fabulous laptop.  :(  xD

47407[/snapback]

Yeah, well I might have use of it but it doesn't really BELONG to me - could have to give it back anytime if I'm not a good girl!!! :o

Router is attached to the PC via an ethernet cable. Wireless adapter is connected via ethernet to the XBOX, but XBOX cant verify IP address.

In other words the 'wireless thingy is plugged to the computer'. I've got a 15 yr old just like that Beau. :D:D

Rea, got this from some sort of help forum where someone seemed to be having a similar problem to yours. There were only two replies which said:

"You need to verify that it is connecting to the router, and that the router is assigning it an IP address. If you have security settings on the router you may need to allow it access.

First off I would go into the router setup menu and see if the router can see it as an attached device. As long as the adapter is connected and assigned and IP from the router it should work."

"As mentioned before take of any encyption and other security measure off your wireless, temporarily of course. Try again and see what happens."

Also found this link which is full of gobbledy gook but which may help. You're on your own now. :oxD

Wow! Carol, words fail me!!(really! :o ) How do you do it??? Superwoman has nothing on you xD

And just what sort of a life must Shadow Ghost thingy have???? (on your link)

If you're reading this, Shadow Ghost thingy, I'm just jealous :)

Sue

I feel more lost than ever now. :o Where do people learn this kind of thing from? Are they all real words or made up to confound the masses?

Thanks for digging it out for me Beau, I still havent had chance to try anything else, I am one of the many who work during half term now xD

I'll give it a go over the weekend when i've got chance to read the info properly. :D