Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

What to do with a load of old textbooks

beth1

I have about 50 to 60 textbooks I no longer need as I am changing careers. Anyone have any ideas to the best way of getting rid of them? Most of them are around 4 to 11 years old.

I need to make room ready for any new ones and my masters pre registration nursing degree folders/paperwork. I know there's only 21 weeks until it starts, passed the APL document. So it's a waiting game for the health questionnaire. I'm getting the study organised ready to start with a clean slate.

Thanks in advance.

Looked at eBay it sounds complicated and expensive with posting with being on benefits as a carer.

Yes but you can include the price of postage in the advert so your buyer pays for it. Have you looked on ebay to see if any of your titles are on there and what kind of price they fetch?

don't forget that ebay takes a cut of whatever you charge for postage too. (tthey started doing it because some people were getting canny and asking very low prices for their items, but then adding huge amounts for the postage to make their money up)

There are charities that will take old text books for use in third world countries

I have just spent the afternoon trying to get rid of a pile of textbooks from my BA, and in the end decided to put them in a bag for the charity shop!!

I tried fat brain, buy my books and a couple of others.....

Was going to go with one of them (buy my books I think)!as £24 for the books was better than nothing... Many were at 15p each or 34p etc... But then couldn't get the app to work and after half an hour trying to get to the last stage I gave up!!!

Good luck!

I have just spent the afternoon trying to get rid of a pile of textbooks from my BA, and in the end decided to put them in a bag for the charity shop!!

I tried fat brain, buy my books and a couple of others.....

Was going to go with one of them (buy my books I think)!as £24 for the books was better than nothing... Many were at 15p each or 34p etc... But then couldn't get the app to work and after half an hour trying to get to the last stage I gave up!!!

Good luck!

I was trying fatbrain as a friend suggested them, might try with the newer books to see what happens.