Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

EYFS weekly planning

Hi guys,

I am in the process of changing weekly planning in my setting and would love advice from other setting about how they complete theirs.

My initial thoughts were to include a weekly short observation, one week a planned activity and the next a child initiated one so both adult and child initiated activities were being recorded on each child's tapestry. During a chat with my boss she expressed worry about not having enough information from short observations to complete or termly reports.

I also plan to split my planning into age appropriate activities and wondered how many others do this and how?

Look forward to hearing for you, thank you in advance

Vicki

Hi Vicki, welcome to the forum ☺☺

We've been at sixes and sevens the last term with the manager being off sick, so planning became as easy as possible. Whatever we observed during regular play we added to or amended to suit the children's interests for the following week. All staff knowvwhat their children need from each activity planned so all I wrote on the sheet was the activity, who it was aimed at in particular and why we'd decided to do it.

No idea if that's enough, but it worked well

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)