Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nice rejection letter

HoneyPancakes

My husband recently found online an invitation to apply to become an Ofsted Inspector. On examination there didn't seem to be anything to disqualify me from applying, and the money was VERY good. So that Sunday night I whipped off a hurried application. This was some time ago and I'd assumed I'd been filtered out. Well, that much is true I suppose, but the email that arrived on Friday was a masterclass in rejection. It read:

Thank you for applying for the post of Early Years Regulatory Inspector.
I am writing to advise you that your application is being placed on hold after passing the initial selection stage. Unfortunately, due to the large number and high calibre of candidates as well as a limited number of assessment centre places we are unable to progress all candidates to assessment centre on this occasion. Therefore, candidates have been ranked in a merit list and only candidates who scored highest on our merit list have been invited to the assessment on this occasion.
In spite of this, the panel were impressed with your application and keen to keep your details on file for potential future vacancies. Therefore, we will keep you on a reserve list for twelve months and should a vacancy arise in your region we will contact you.
Thank you once again for your interest in working for Ofsted. We welcome your application for future suitable vacancies that we may advertise in the meantime.
How nice is that? I didn't really have hopes, but the process was interesting.
Cheers, Honey
  • Like 1