Jump to content
Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Working at home


Recommended Posts

Posted

I know that many/most/all of you work at home. How do you do it? I am really struggling to motivate myself to do anything and I have so much to do. I am worn out already (day 2!) and am getting poorly again - have had 3 weeks without a cough but I just don't feel like doing anything in the evenings - even prepping properly for tomorrow!

 

Any suggestions? I try all sorts of strategies from making myself just do 15 minutes of something to extensive and meticulous TDLs but right now I just don't want to!!

Posted

No great ideas I'm afraid - I usually come home, cook and eat tea, snooze through the one show and then get going again - the snooze is critical to getting anything done in the evening for me!

 

Like you I find there is just so much to do at this time of year that it's almost overwhelming, but then there is so little time before the end of term - I go round in panic circles, and then divert myself, often by browsing on the forum!

 

Still, what do they say about eating an elephant? One bite at a time!

 

Is part of it because this is year 1 of your new job, so no rhythm yet?

Do hope you manage to stay well -

Posted

Thanks for replying. I am a serial procrastinator! Some of it is new job I think - there are lots of difficulties/challenges/frustrations which I wasn't anticipating and those which I was are tougher than I was expecting.

 

The unfamiliarity of the year group/school etc means that I can't get away with taking an easier evening as I don't know things well enough to 'wing it' successfully!

 

Will get there - always do! But oh boy do I dislike report writing!

  • Like 1
Posted

Me too - 21 out of 30 done, but am running out of ways to say ' he's had a good year, made progress, made friends, had a lot of fun and remembers to go to the toilet now' in original ways (our parents compare reports!)

 

Deadline is next Friday for us - so I'll have the year groups to proof read over the weekend - there's a treat to look forward to!

Posted

I have a couple of weeks but I like to give myself a clear break so I can proof read my own properly. I have discovered that we write them to the child which I'm struggling with having always addressed them to the parents.

Posted

 

 

 

I have a couple of weeks but I like to give myself a clear break so I can proof read my own properly. I have discovered that we write them to the child which I'm struggling with having always addressed them to the parents.

Oooh gosh - lots of changing 'I can' statements to 'you can' then! That would take a bit of a change of mindset for me too.

 

I did think we had a statutory duty to report to the parents, but it is an interesting idea! Now, really must stop procrastinating and crack on!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)