Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Toys

Hello everyone,

We are looking to purchase some new toys for our pre-school but are fed up of buying toys that only last a few weeks! We have children from the age of 2 so the toys need to be durable but also hold the interest of a 4 year old.

Apart from the usual blocks and tough spot I wondered if other folks could recommend items that are both popular and have stood the test of time?

Thanks

Ask

Ah, that's what they're called - 'tough spots' - I've been trying to remember that. Not meaning to hijack your post but does anyone know where I can get a tough spot?!

I will apply my mind to your request for durable toys whilst I'm out ferrying my children this evening. Honest....

Our large dolls house is very popular with the boys and girls. I have playpeople with very realistic movable limbs. I think they are made by Little Tikes. We have had them a long while.

Another popular toy is our large wooden activity cube.

LJW T.E.S. sell the tuff spots.

LJW - I actually bought our 'tuff spots' from Wickes (DIY/builders merchants) for £6.99) apparently they are used by builders for mixing concrete in! We have had them for over 12 months, bought the playmats etc. from TTS - they have been great!

One of my best buys was playmats, purchased from hope catalogue.

I have an Ocean mat and ocean creatures, a jungle mat and jungle animals and a dinosaur mat and dinosaurs.

The mats roll up easily and the animals seem to appeal to the youngest children to the oldest and are very durable.

We have one of these sets out nearly every day and they are always popular. I put the mats on tables, not the floor as they get dirty quickly and don't look so bright.

By the way, are tuff spots the same as builders trays, if so I got mine from homebase on 10% day. Cost about £14.00

Glen

Our all time favourite is Bob the Builder vehicles and figures. I bought ours from Mothercare and they are very sturdy. Also popular is a safari park set from Woolworths.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)