Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Tapestry snapshot

Hi everyone,

I am looking for some help on the snap shot section and using the three bands of colour.

How come if I have a child who is 54 months they are green (satisfactory) for emerging 30-50 and Developing 30-50??

Surely they should be different colours - is there any setting I can change that will alter this?

Thank you

Hi everyone,

I am looking for some help on the snap shot section and using the three bands of colour.

How come if I have a child who is 54 months they are green (satisfactory) for emerging 30-50 and Developing 30-50??

Surely they should be different colours - is there any setting I can change that will alter this?

Thank you

Edited by Sue
Merged these 2 posts together as they seem to be asking the same question

When you choose the 'latest assessment' periods, Tapestry looks at the current one and adds in the assessments you've made. Then it looks for any gaps, eg you might not have an assessment for Writing. Tapestry looks at the previous assessment period, and the ones before that, until it finds an assessment for Writing, and adds that in too. So, the child is at different ages in all the different assessment periods.

If you choose 'from the current period', this child, if the assessments are as you describe, should actually be pink for 30-50- because the child is 54 months old.

When you choose the 'latest assessment' periods, Tapestry looks at the current one and adds in the assessments you've made. Then it looks for any gaps, eg you might not have an assessment for Writing. Tapestry looks at the previous assessment period, and the ones before that, until it finds an assessment for Writing, and adds that in too. So, the child is at different ages in all the different assessment periods.

If you choose 'from the current period', this child, if the assessments are as you describe, should actually be pink for 30-50- because the child is 54 months old.

Thank you Helen,

That is really helpful! :)

So if I need to view a tracker of where each child is at in a key group, I need to pick the current period or "selected assessment period" so this would give From Feb to April (Spring term) and the gaps would be the next steps or missing observations?

Does Tapestry combine observations and assessments over time for a child? So for example if a child was 30-50 secure last half term and then has an observation of 40-60 E, where would Tapestry place the child?

If last term there was an observation of 30-50, but no observation this term, would Tapestry include it all together?

Gosh I am confused???

Can you see continuous progress over time like a paper tracker would?

Thank you

Thank you

Edited by pickles37

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)