Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Wallpaper Paste

I've never seen any other than in the catalogues. At least a little goes a long way! I'd like to know if it's sold anywhere else, too!

Guest alisonjayne

We get our glue from the ESPO catalogue this looks like wallpaper paste but nothing nasty in it, not to pricy at all

Ali

does anyone know if you can get wallpaper paste without fungicide, apart from in educational catalogues (bit pricey in those), i looked in b and q yesterday and couldn't see any...

would like to make a slimy swamp with it!!

cheers

bb

46354[/snapback]

Sorry don't know any other suppliers other than catalogues, I have always wondered how "dangerous" the fungacide in wallpaper paste is with consideration that children don't eat it by the mouthful :o Is it just another ploy to make us pay extortionate prices in the name of education?

FUN TIP: We filled our water tray with paste slime( quite thick and lumpy), I added some old tights/hold-ups and the children filled these with the paste, lifting them, stretching them and squeezing them through the mesh. They thoroughly enjoyed hours of exploration. One child said, whilst holding up the filled tight leg "Look, I've caught a fish" which is what it looked like :D

Peggy

Might use this one next week Peggy for me my body - I am sure I can link the stocking sock in somewhere to this - physical what my legs can do - was it a pop sock?

No I have not seen the paste anywhere else - it does go a long long way though and I use it all the time - good with glitter in, tissue paper and a very useful glue.

Nikki

We use florists gel - comes in lots of different colours and can be washed and re-used, its non-toxic too. Ask your local florist. (I got mine in the QVC sale shop in our local town - what an emporium of all things wierd and wonderful!!!)

we use cellulose paste powder from ss services follow link for glue at top of page then go to PVA glue to get a pop up and scroll down list to cellulose paste powder at 99p which makes 5 litres of paste.

we use it to make up powder paint so it actually sticks to the paper and is thick enough to not drip off the brushes.

i have twice had a child who reacted to the fungicide in paint.....i was supply staff and did not realise it was in the paint and took a lot of tracking down to find out why he has a rash after painting!! when we changed the paste..no more rash!! So yes they can react to the fungicide. I do not belive it to be a ploy!!!

Inge

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)