Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nursery Flooring

We are currently planning a refurb of our toddler room and I'm desperate to change our flooring. It's currently a green, sparkly industrial type flooring that you often see in schools etc. Whilst it is hard wearing it does hold the dirt and doesn't fit the warm feeling of the natural woods and creams we have in our rooms. I'd love wood 'effect' flooring I really do feel this would finish off our space perfectly. Has anyone else got this type of flooring, any tips on the best type or costs per m? I have a couple of local companies coming to do quotes in the next few weeks- just trying to get my head around it before then.

Thanks in advance

FF x

We have Altro flooring in one room, it's like what they use in wet rooms. It is very hard wearing but also holds the dirt a little. Think i chose the wrong colour, wanted to keep it light so went for a very pale colour. It is very good though. My main concern was slipping, as children drop water and spill the sand everywhere all the time. i was forced into a new floor as we had a burst pipe and had to pull up the whole floor. We had laminate before and it didn't wear very well and was basically dangerous. whatever you go for, i would put safety as priority as a lot of floors seem ok but end up slippy at the slightest drop of water.

We have carpet tiles throughout......................our landlord refused to listen to any appeals for lino etc.So, we went to the scrapstore and managed to get a couple of huge offcuts of posh swimming pool liner which is very robust and we laid that under the art and 'messy' areas. I did point out to the landlords that children have 'accidents' and they said they bought a couple of boxes of spare tiles, so we can dispose of any that have been soiled/vomited/peed on

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)