Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

risk assessment for child

debs1

Has anyone got a risk assessment for a child coming back to nursery that had had a broken bone?

This child has the right amount of time, though someone mentioned about us putting in a bit of a disclaimer should the child hurt herself in the same area.

I've risked assessed before, but not put anything like that in, as I thought I would be covered as long as I take steps to ensure her safety.

Thanks

Debbie ?

I also am in the same position...I have asked the parents to get advice from their physio and their GP so that I can send to the insurance company. If there anything from either of these documents I will put in a separate risk assessment otherwise they should be signed off as fit and therefore shouldn't have any further problems (they may have weakened muscles...so need to assess the individual child)

Didn't think of ringing insurance company. I just added a bit in stating that they were happy for their child to restart nursery and that they understood they would be more prone to injury in the affected area should they fall. Therefore we wouldn't be responsible should the injury reoccur at our setting which wasn't through negligence. Not sure if right, so don't mind comments.

Hope you get yours sorted too.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)